|Steely Dan takes on Wes Anderson
||[Aug. 25th, 2006|09:56 am]
Has anyone caught wind of this kerfluffle ?|
particular points of meaningless numbness and/or mere observation re: heywes.html:
1. Steely copyrighting SIMPLE USES OF THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE i.e Art Crime ? I picture Steely Dan as leather-blazer wearing narcoleptic invertebrates who take all their meals in some underground dungeon fortress recording studio from heavy women in nursing smocks, or as boozing on baby blood for the energy everyday to work towards another Grammy award winning album-- but despots of English ? Thanks for stealing Art Crime, as well as Faboriginal from the rest of us.
2. at the dotted line preceding "Strategy 1" either Walter or Donald switched chairs and the other took helm of the endeavor, CLEARY, as a completely different arsenal of vocabulary and perception of written chaste and form come into play.
3. KNOCK ON MARK MOTHERSBAUGH ? Just makes me a little sad, that's all.
4. Donald and Walter's spiritually omnipotent tone.
5. "So - let's get going, shall we? Send the check for US$400,000 (advance on licensing fees) out by Fedex to Mickey by tomorrow and we'll talk a little later in the day about merch, percentages, backend, soundtrack, ASCAP, etc. Mickey himself doesn't need any kind of an advance but he'll probably take a couple of points on your net career action." -- Right on, fight the machine, Steely ! But obviously more sensitive than my sister during allergy season, You, Me, and Dupree bombed at the BO so there's your instant karma.